Auditions have concluded, and the cast is now in rehearsals. Additional assistance is needed in all areas of production, including sound tech and set construction. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Gardner Church: Gene Carbaugh
Fanny Church: Candace Andrews
Mags Church: Naomi Alhadeff
Gene previously performed with VTC in “Man of La Mancha” and “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.” He also has an extensive theatre resume with Mid-Columbia Musical Theatre and Richland Players; favorite roles have included Pseudolus in “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” and E.K. Hornbeck in “Inherit the Wind.”
Candace received VTC’s Best Actress Awards for her 2015 portrayal of Dr. Katherine Brandt in “33 Variations” and her 2002 portrayal of Ghost of Christmas Past in “A Christmas Carol.” She played the title role in the Richland Players’ 2009 production of “Sylvia.”
Naomi received VTC’s Best Actress Award for her 2016 portrayal of Nancy in “Oliver.” She played Lily St Regis in VTC’s 2014 “Annie.” She played the role of Melody in VTC’s recent production of “Lone Star Love Potion.”
- Director: Rick James
- Producer: Susan Webber
- Tickets Go On Sale: April 2017
- Performances: April 28, 29, 30 (Matinee); May 5 & 6 , 2017
- Synopsis: Gardner and Fanny Church are preparing to move out of their Beacon Hill house to their summer cottage on Cape Cod. Gardner, once a famous poet, now is retired. He slips in and out of senility as his wife Fanny valiantly tries to keep them both afloat. They have asked their daughter, Mags, to come home and help them move. Mags agrees, for she hopes as well to finally paint their portrait. She is now on the verge of artistic celebrity herself and hopes, by painting her parents, to come to terms with them and they with her.
Last Updated: 2/23/17
Don’t miss any of our shows – Visit http://www.theprincesstheatre.net/store/ for information on Season Tickets!
- Director: Rick James
- Producer: TBA
- Auditions: Feb 12 and 13, 2017
- Performances: Apr 28, 29, 30 (matinee), May 5, 6, 2017
- Synopsis: This dramedy is the story of the Church family: Gardiner, a distinguished old poet on the cusp of senility; Fanny, his bitter, funny, devoted wife, and their daughter Mags. The couple is preparing to move from Boston into a beach home on Cape Cod, and Mags, a New York artist, arrives to help them pack and paint their portrait.
For its new season, VTC is adding one Sunday matinee during the opening weekend of each production.
Valley Theatre Company’s Ticket Outlets are:
- Richland: Adventures Underground, 1391 George Washington Way, Richland, WA 99354, (509) 946-9893
- Benton City: Patnode’s True Value, 600 9th Street, Benton City, WA 99320, (509) 588-3216
- Prosser: Sixth Street Art & Gift Gallery 702 6th St, Prosser, WA 99350, (509) 781-6220
- Prosser: Bonnie’s Vine & Gift, 329 Wine Country Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, (509) 786-7000
- Grandview: Bleyhl Co-Op, 940 Wine Country Rd, Grandview, WA 98930, (509) 882-2248
- Sunnyside: MOM’s Candy Apples, 317 Yakima Valley Hwy, Sunnyside, WA 98944, (509) 515-1424